- Title: "the Wave"
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes
- Nearest Town: Kanab, Utah
- Brief Directions: From Hwy 89 take the House Rock Valley Rd turnoff to the Wire Pass Trailhead (8.51mi).
- Notes: When applying to the lottery for access into the area, use some strategy such as planning your trip midweek. I have won the lottery twice in January (obviously spring and fall are busier) and the weather was beautiful. Keep in mind if it has or does rain, the road is impassable even with 4 wheel drive! Don't miss this opportunity!
- GPS Longitude: 112
- GPS Latitude: 36
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Breathtaking sandstone sculptured slopes, "The Wave" is a photographers dream. It has to be one of the most private, (only 20 people a day by permit are allowed) well kept secrets of the desert. I was in awe of the incredible formations and the unaltered beauty of the entire area!
- Gear: Backpack, camera, tripod, water, lunch, GPS, good hiking boots
This Photo Has Been Viewed 337 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!