Springtime In The Desert
- Title: Springtime In The Desert
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Silver King Mine Road
- Nearest Town: Superior
- Brief Directions: This area is off the Silver King Mine Road several miles up past the corral.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Ventured out on St. Patrick's Day in search of Spring. Although not a huge bloom this year, there are still some spots of nice color if you are willing to do what it takes to get there. Hiked into the eastern Superstitions (north of the Peachville Mountain area) yesterday and found some nice patches about a mile up off the desert floor. There was another really nice bloom further up on the next mountain, but it was getting late in the day and the Mexican poppies would be closing up shop shortly.
- Gear: Canon 5d MkII, 24-105mm L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 324 times
, Sun & Sky
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!