Stone, Water, & Light
- Title: Stone, Water, & Light
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon Ntl Park
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon
- Notes: Matkatamiba Canyon, an interesting walk up from the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon National Park and only accessible from the river. There was a slow flow of water down the creek, but no wind. I set my tripod in the water, waited for the ripples to die out, and shot this at 17mm, 6 sec, f/22.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Matkamiba Canyon is one of hundreds of side canyons dropping into the Colorado River, yet is one of the most
spectacular. This was taken about mid-day with bright sunlight
above the canyon. The colors range from brilliant orange, to reds, to the cool blues. The blue colored sky is reflected in the white layers next to the water. I especially love this image, as the “sky” is at the bottom!
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 16-35 f2.8, Induro Tripod, Manfrotto ballhead, Hoya Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 187 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!