Lower Antelope Arch
- Title: Lower Antelope Arch
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: From Page take Hwy 98 east. The Lower Antelope canyon entrance is a few miles outside of town on the left.
- Notes: This is on Navajo land and an entrance fee and permit is required. Lower Antelope is not as restrictive as Upper Antelope, so you can get an unguided "photographer's pass" to take your time (2 hr. limit) when shooting.
In contrast to Upper Antelope (where you get the mid-day light beams), I find Lower Antelope better mid-morning or mid-afternoon, when the sun isn't directly over the slot. A tripod is mandatory since multi-second exposures are the norm.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is the natural bridge within Lower Antelope Canyon. Using the wall on the right for shadow, I was able to shape the bridge into an arch (or wishbone).
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 10-22 lens, Manfrotto tripod & ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 93 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!