The Silence Of Dusk
- Title: The Silence Of Dusk
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Navajo Reservation
- Nearest Town: Page
- Notes: This was a difficult exposure, the light had turned blue, and I was shooting straight into the sun. I used a graduated ND filter to hold back the sky and worked to get enough light for the foreground. The color version is nice, but this worked much better as a black and white.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Colorado Plateau - Durango to Flagstaff, Duchesne to Santa Fe. In every corner, something wild, something different. On exiting a slot canyon, a major treat in itself, the sun was throwing rays through these broken clouds. A quick dash over the cap rock, looking - for this. Not a soul within miles, just the silence of dusk.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 16-35 f2.8, Induro Tripod, Manfrotto ballhead, Singh-Ray Grad ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 215 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!