- Title: Vermillion Starlight
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes South
- Nearest Town: Kolab, Utah
- Brief Directions: North on 89 from Big Water, AZ. West on White Rock Road. Go past State Line Camping and take a left at the old coral.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this while I was getting my gear together for a morning shoot in Coyote Buttes South. The moon had been down for over an hour and it was an hour before nautical twilight so it was good and dark. I noticed the Milky Way was in a nice simple composition with my tent so I cranked up my iso and gave it a thirty second exposure. I placed my head lamp in the tent for a few seconds during the exposure.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 16-35mm 2.8L II , Manfrotto tripod, Hoya polarizor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 296 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!