- Title: Light!
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Tusayan
- Brief Directions: Mather Point overlook near the Visitor's Center on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
- Notes: Arrive while it's still dark to stake out your shooting location as all the South Rim overlooks can get quite crowded at sunrise from late spring through early fall.
- Description: Spring sunrise at Mather Point on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I used a 3-stop soft-edge ND filter to cut down the bright sky as the rising morning sun cast incredible light rays and shadow lines across the canyon. 1/320 sec, f/8, 70-200mm zoom @ 75mm, circular polarizer to eliminate foreground glare. Black & White conversion with NIK Silver EFEX.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 zoom, Gitzo tripod, Really Right Stuff ballhead, Lee polarizer & ND Grad filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 145 times
, Black & White
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!