- Title: Nankoweap Morning
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Lee's Ferry
- Brief Directions: Generally, Nankoweap is an area reached on the second or third day of a Grand Canyon rafting trip out of Lee's Ferry. An alternative way of getting there is an arduous two-day round trip hike from a National Forest/BLM road off of Hwy 67 south of Jacob Lake, AZ.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: On a ledge just below the Granaries at Nankoweap (River Mile 52), the blue sinuous curves of the Colorado River in Grand Canyon National Park are highlighted against the red canyon wall.
- Gear: Nikon D300, 14-24mm Zoom, Gitzo Tripod, Really Right Stuff Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 270 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!