Lower Antelope Slot Canyon
- Title: Lower Antelope Slot Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hwy 98 at Antelope Point Rd (N22B)
- Nearest Town: Page, AZ
- Brief Directions: At the Navajo power plant turn north onto the paved side road N22B, and park on the gravel lot by the entrance booth.
- Notes: The Lower slot is less crowded and more scenic than the nearby Upper Antelope slot. Best light is from 8AM to Noon, where morning sun bounces better. Long exposures up to 30 seconds require tripod and cable release, but use no flash which washes out all colors. Check Navajo Nation guide services in Page area. Entry fee is $18.00 for half-day use. Beware of storms! Photographers have been trapped and drowned during flash floods (summer thunderstorms can occur without warning). Bring water and wear sturdy boots and pants for narrow slickrock. Bring a blower and brush, due to airborne sand.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Tripod and cable release, but NO flash!
This Photo Has Been Viewed 486 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!