Upper Antelope Canyon
- Title: Upper Antelope Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 98
- Nearest Town: Page, AZ
- Brief Directions: Located approximately 1 mile from Page, AZ on Highway 98. From the junction of Highway 89 and 98 head east towards the Navajo Generating Station and turn right across from Antelope Point Road (N22B) turn off.
- Notes: Exposures can be one second and longer at 100 ISO f22. Best light is between 11am and 1pm when the sun is the highest. Winter is the only season when the sun is too low to get enough light for decent photos. You pay the Navajos to transport you by vehicle a few miles up a wash to the canyon so you can wander through the slot for an hour. I like the first two rooms, shown here, the best. Since it's a popular place, it takes patience to get photos without people in them. Further into the canyon, you can get great shots above people's heads. Make sure you don't include the sky; no matter how blue it looks it will be a hot spot in the photos. I don't use a polarizer because the exposures are so long without one.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, wide angle lens, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 553 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!