Skywalk - Grand Canyon West
- Title: Skywalk - Grand Canyon West
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Havasupai Indian Reservation
- Nearest Town: Meadview
- Brief Directions: Directions from Las Vegas.
South on US-93
Go over Hoover Dam and continue South on US-93 Left on to Pierce Ferry Road
Right on to Diamond Bar Road
Then Diamond Bar Road will end at the only entrance to Grand Canyon West.
- Notes: The drive is about 2.5 - 3 hours from Las Vegas. I would recommend always leaving with a full tank of gas and rent a SUV if possible. The road out to the West rim is a bumby dirt road and there was only 1 or 2 gas station I counted after leaving the hoover dam. If you think you are to low on gas, on the reservation they do have gas but at a slightly higher price. Other points of interest, you have to leave the reservation by 7 p.m and you are not aloud to take cameras out on the skywalk nor are you aloud to go out to the rim by yourself. You have to buy a ticket on their tour bus to see the grand canyon. As of June the cheapest ticket was $43 per person.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a shot of the skywalk in Arizona at the grand canyon west. The skywalk is located on Havasupai indian reservation. The skywalk lets visitors look through its glass floor straight down 4000 ft. to the Colorado river.
- Gear: Nikon D300
This Photo Has Been Viewed 275 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!