- Title: Havasu Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Route 66
- Nearest Town: Peach Springs
- Brief Directions: Take Route 66 from I-40 to BIA road 18. Turn north and go approx. 50 miles to the end of the road where there is parking and the trailhead.
- Notes: Havasu Canyon is the home of the Havasupai Indian Tribe. Havasu Creek, with it's clear tourquoise waters runs through the canyon creating stunning waterfalls, beautiful travertine dams and Clear pools until it empties into the Colorado river in the Grand Canyon. While one can focus on the magnificent waterfalls, those have been photographed and published uncountable times. I prefer to focus on the quiet pools and grottos that abound in the canyon.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Camera, tripod, backpack and camping gear, and a good pair of hi
This Photo Has Been Viewed 438 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!