- Title: Monumental Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monument Valley
- Nearest Town: Kayenta
- Brief Directions: Hire a guide to visit this location
- Notes: None
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude: 110
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The native people say that the Gods use the valley's mesa tops as steppingstones when they walk the Earth.
From Hunts Mesa you get a god's-eye view from above Monument Valley.
You can look down over the great monoliths, from here they seem smaller, less overpowering. When you are on the valley floor, they dominate you and you are just a wanderer amongst them.
From up on the mesa you see the valley as a whole and part of the great Colorado Plateau.
They call it Tse' Bii' Ndzisgaii, to me its just Monumental!
- Gear: Canon 1DS MArk111
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1736 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!