The Desert At Night
- Title: The Desert At Night
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Santa Catalina Mountains
- Nearest Town: Tucson
- Brief Directions: Taken in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson, just south of the entrance to Pima Canyon.
- Notes: Thirty-one two-minute exposures are stacked in Photoshop to create this star trail image — the first 28 to expose the stars, the 29th and 30th to expose the foreground using my headlamp, and the last as a dark frame with the cap on to compensate for noise.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A pair of saguaro cacti in Spring under the stars, in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson, Arizona.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-56 IS, intervalometer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 428 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!