- Title: Painter's Light
- State/Province/Region: Arkansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Buffalo National River
- Nearest Town: Ponca
- Brief Directions: Ponca is a tiny community located in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. It is 2.5 hours northwest of Little Rock and 3 hours southeast of Tulsa, OK. There is no good, short way to get there, but as one of America's last remnants of undeveloped rural landscape (there isn't a stoplight in the county), it is certainly very much worth getting to.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In the Ozark Mountains, summer evening thunderstorms can generate lovely, quality light that is not only ideal for landscape photography, but smaller vignettes as well. Here, a storm had just rumbled through, leaving in its wake a soft, rosy golden light that reminded me of the colors one might have found on an impressionist's palette. WIth a nod to Mssrs. Monet or van Gogh, the Cherry Rose sunflowers in my garden seemed a perfect fit for the light's watercolor-like qualities.
- Gear: Nikon D800; Nikkor 105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 199 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!