- Title: Sierra Snow
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bristlecone Pine Forest, White Mountains
- Nearest Town: Big Pine, CA
- Brief Directions: Take US 395 in eastern CA to Big Pine. Take State Highway 168 east to White Mountain Road. Proceed on White Mountain Road north to Schulman Grove and Patriarch Grove. There are trails at both sites and interpretive maps and signs for an introduction to the trees and their habitat.
- Notes: The White Mountain Road is closed all winter so call ahead to be sure the road is open 760-873-2500.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Late October at 10,000' elevation. Usually I am in this area in the spring and intent on bristlecones and wildflowers. This day in late October there was lots of snow in the mountains but the sun was out and the wind low whicxh made for good hiking. The view is looking due west over the Owens Valley to the Eastern Sierras.
- Gear: Nikon D300, 70-200 mm Zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 110 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!