Frozen Mono Lake And Tufa's
- Title: Frozen Mono Lake And Tufa's
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Nearest Town: Bridgeport
- Brief Directions: Mono Lake is located about an hour South of Reno Navada along the Eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains along the 395 Highway.
- Notes: Canon 7D
Manfrotto 3011BN Tripod
Manfrotto 3265 Ballhead Grip
Focal 18 mm
exposure 1/320 sec
Photomatix PRO software
- GPS Longitude: 119
- GPS Latitude: 37
- Description: I took this image using PhotoMatix ProHDR software afterwards, three images of different exposures. I decided to hike a little further to a spot along the lake that away from the usual tourist spot and I was rewarded because the sun popped out of the clouds for about 10 minutes before setting giving the Tuffa's a wonderful glow. The image would have been difficult without the use of the HDR multiple image software because of the extreme contrast in the landscape between the Tuffa's and the dark background.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EFS 18-55mm IS, Manfrotto 3011BN Tripod, Manfrotto 3265 Ballhead Grip
This Photo Has Been Viewed 282 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!