Lupine Hilltop, La Jolla Canyon
- Title: Lupine Hilltop, La Jolla Canyon
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Point Mugu State Park, La Jolla Canyon
- Nearest Town: Malibu
- Brief Directions: La Jolla Canyon is located about 9.5 miles from the northern edge of the city of Malibu on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) 1.
- Notes: A 1/15 second exposure at f/22 was required at ISO 100. Lens set at 36mm, camera on tripod with remote cable switch.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Due to a recent burn two years ago, this hill side in La Jolla Canyon, part of Point Mugu State Park and the Santa Monica Mountains NRA, was well on its way to recovery. Lupines dominated the top of this hill while other areas had concentrations of poppies, phacelia, iris and other wildflowers.
- Gear: Canon 5D w/ EF24-105 f/4L, Tripod & R. Switch
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1240 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!