Giant Coreopsis Sunset, Sycamore Cove, Pt. Mugu State Park
- Title: Giant Coreopsis Sunset, Sycamore Cove, Pt. Mugu State Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Point Mugu State Park
- Nearest Town: Malibu
- Brief Directions: Sycamore Cove is located about 8 miles from the northern edge of the city of Malibu on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) 1.
- Notes: It is rare to get a calm day on the beach, but that is what made this shot possible. A 1/5 second exposure at f/22 was required at ISO 100, plus a one stop over exposure and a 2 stop graduated ND filter were needed to reduce the effects of the bright setting sun. Lens at 40mm, camera on tripod triggered with remote switch.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Just above Sycamore Cove, part of Point Mugu State Park and the Santa Monica Mountains NRA looking west into the sunset you can just make out Mugu Rock in the distance in the upper right hand side of the image. The foreground is dominated by a single giant coreopsis plant in full spring bloom. The middle ground is a combination of colorful ocean reflection and jagged shoreline rocks.
- Gear: Canon 5D w/ EF24-105 f/4L, Tripod, Grad ND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 4170 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!