- Title: The Golden Door
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Sur
- Nearest Town: Big Sur
- Brief Directions: About a mile north of the Big Sur Bakery there is an unmarked turnoff for Pfeiffer Beach.
- Notes: Wait for a wave to crash through the arch. Then be ready to shoot right away. The mist from the subsiding wave intensifies the color in the shaft of sunlight.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I say Winter is the best season, but I'm referring to this particular scene. Around the Winter Solstice is the best time to catch the light of the setting sun blazing through this natural arch in the rock formation at Pfeiffer Beach along the Big Sur Coast.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II/ Really Right Stuff Tripod & Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 119 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!