North Lake At Dawn
- Title: North Lake At Dawn
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bishop Creek Canyon
- Nearest Town: Bishop CA
- Brief Directions: Take 395 to Bishop. Travel west on 168/Line St. and keep going until you see the signs to North Lake. The road is not paved and quite rough in places but is completely passable in a sedan. Closed in Winter.
- Notes: It's always a challenge to plan to arrive when the fall colors are at peak. The timing varies from year to year. This cold October morning found the colors at this elevation almost past peak.
- Description: North Lake in the eastern Sierra. It's no wonder that Galen Rowell moved there years ago. It is located off 168 west of Bishop CA just a few miles past Aspendell.
- Gear: Mamiya RZ67 50mm ULD Velvia 50 Singh-Ray 2 Stop split ND and colorcombo polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 897 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!