Jeffrey Pine At Dusk, Yosemite National Park
- Title: Jeffrey Pine At Dusk, Yosemite National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sentinel Dome, Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Villiage
- Brief Directions: In Yosemite National Park, follow the road to Glacier Point and stopping at a trailhead on the north for Taft Point and Sentinel Dome. Follow the trail about 2 miles to Sentinel Dome and stay through the sunset for one of the most spectacular sights on earth. Take a flashlight and GPS unit for the hike back in the dark.
- Notes: This photo is being re-submitted, due to a complication with entry into the YFP contest.
- GPS Longitude: -119.584175
- GPS Latitude: 37.723083
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is a photograph of the well-known Jeffrey Pine sitting prominently on Yosemite National Park's Sentinel Dome. It's best known from an icon photograph of Ansel Adam's, but has been transformed since it died during a drought years ago. The light for this photograph is the most remarkable light I've ever encountered. It occurred after sunset at twilight. The air was very smokey from controlled burns, and it caused a remarkable diffuse pinkish light to faintly illuminate the landscape, seen here in this long exposure.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon 18-200VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1281 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!