Under The Storm - Mt Whitney
- Title: Under The Storm - Mt Whitney
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Notes: The cold grey winter storm over the top of Mount Whitney contrasted nicely with the warm fall colors of the Alabama Hills. I used a 3 stop hard Graduated Neutral Density filter to hold back the sky and bring out the details in the clouds. This is a single exposure, finished in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The Eastern Sierra rises abruptly from the floor of the Owens Valley. The Alabama Hills are ancient and weathered granite mountains lying below the Sierra crest. The elevation here starts at 4000 feet and climbs to over 14,000 at the top of Mt Whitney. The major peaks here are Mount Whitney (center right) and Lone Pine Peak (left)
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 16-35mm, SingRay 3h GND Filter,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 182 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!