Oxbow On The Owens
- Title: Oxbow On The Owens
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Notes: I photographed this with a slow shutter speed to smooth out the surface of the water and to gain a long depth of field. 4.0 seconds at f/22 with a Singh Ray 3 stop hard graduated neutral density filter.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Owens River carries water from the Eastern Sierra through the Owens Valley. I wanted a place where I could get Mt Tom reflected in a curve of the river, and found this bend (Oxbow). Winter colors of the valley are golden brown, the high sierra cold blue and white.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 17-35 f2.8, Singh Ray 3h GND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 167 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!