Sunrise Over The Tablelands
- Title: Sunrise Over The Tablelands
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Notes: Shot with a slow shutter speed to smooth out any ripples in the water: 13 seconds at f/22, 35mm, with a Singh Ray 3 stop Graduated neutral density filter. Single exposure finished in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Weather over the Sierra Nevada can create a long lenticular cloud called the "Sierra Wave". When this happens at sunrise or sunset the results can be spectacular. This was a cold winter morning and we watched as the sky went from black, to cold blue, to pink, to blazing red - not believing our luck!
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 16-35 f2.8, Singh Ray 3h GND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 535 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!