Last Light On El Capitan
- Title: Last Light On El Capitan
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite National Park
- Notes: Three exposure stitched panorama, shot at 1/30 sec, f2.8, 16mm, with a 3 stop hard Singh Ray graduated neutral density filter plus a circular polarizer to improve the reflection and saturation of the sky and cliff face. Finished in Lightroom and stitched in Photoshop.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: El Capitan rises over 3000 feet in a vertical wall from the floor of the Merced River Valley in Yosemite. After struggling with some refections in heavy river brush, I wandered upstream, came around a bend in the river and came on this just as the sunset was lighting up the western face.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, EF 16-35 f2.8, Singh Ray 3h GND, Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 189 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!