Evening's Last Gift
- Title: Evening's Last Gift
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite National Park
- Notes: Shot at ISO 320, 0.5 sec, f8.0, 19mm, with a Singh Ray 2 stop hard Graduated neutral density filter and a circular polarizer. 3 Exposures blended together by hand in Photoshop.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Mirror Lake, a beautiful 1 hour walk from the valley floor presents a very different look at Half Dome and the upper Tenaya Gorge. I was photographing the last light on Half Dome and happened to look over my shoulder & saw this puff of light and color developing to the east. I grabbed my gear and sprinted to a spot along the river, popped down the tripod, and had about 3 minutes to capture this last gift of sunlit clouds and blue light.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, EF 16-35 2.8, Singh Ray 2h GND, Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 382 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!