Passageway Of Light
- Title: Passageway Of Light
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Berkeley Pier and Boardwalk
- Nearest Town: Berkeley
- Brief Directions: Exit I-80 at University Avenue. Follow signs to Berkeley Marina. Location is underneath Berkeley Pier and Boardwalk.
- Notes: Technical Info:
16-85mm f3.5 at 85mm
B+W ND Grad
- Description: What is normally a dark and cold space, has been brought to life just after sunrise. I walked over several large rocks, before crawling into this tight space beneath the Berkeley Pier. I waited for the rising sun's rays to pierce the cracks in the boardwalk, and illuminate this dark passageway. Planning for as much vivid color as possible along with a silky look to the water, I attached a 10-stop filter to my lens, to allow a long exposure. The location from where I captured this scene is only accessible during low tide.
- Gear: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 16-85mm f3.5 Lens / B+W 10-Stop ND Grad Filter / Manfrotto Tripod / Giottos Ballhead / Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 150 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!