Bolinas Ridge Sunset
- Title: Bolinas Ridge Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Tamalpais State Park and Stinson Beach
- Nearest Town: Mill Valley
- Brief Directions: From I-80, take the Stinson Beach Exit and follow signs to Mt. Tamalpais State Park. Turn Rt onto Panoramic Hwy, then left onto Pan Toll Rd. Go straight onto W. Ridgecrest Blvd about another half mile. Shooting location is accessible from left side of road.
- Notes: Technical Info:
Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5 at 45mm
Singh-Ray ND Grad
Daryl Benson Reverse ND Grad
- Description: As the sky appeared to be fairly boring, I decided that I would attempt to create some interesting light, by including the setting sun in the scene. I waited until the sun was low enough so it would be positioned in the image proportionately, and began shooting. To capture a scene like this with such a bright sky, I enlisted the aid of 2 ND grad filters. Putting two grads on the end of my lens is something I rarely do; however in this case it was necessary in my attempt to create an image with an even exposure.
- Gear: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 16-85mm f3.5 Lens / Singh-Ray ND Grad / Daryl Benson Reverse ND Grad / Manfrotto Tripod / Giottos Ballhead / Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 460 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!