- Title: Mono Lake
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining, CA
- Brief Directions: Mono Lake is located just south of Lee Vining, CA. There are various ways to get to Mono Lake which is determinant of your origination. Go the following link for more detailed directions:
- Description: I decided to make the 2 hour drive from Tahoe to spend my last day exploring a bit of Yosemite and Mono Lake. Needless to say, the early morning was greeted with thunder, lightning and torrents of rain in volume that almost prompted me to go online and download a .pdf on ark building. I decided to proceed with my plans and commenced the 2 hour journey around 4a hoping that there would be a break in the weather at some point. Nvtls, that break did not occur until around 3p - which only lasted about 45 minutes. The access road to Yosemite was closed due to snow, so even just doing a scenic drive-through wasn't possible. So, I merely slept in the car, until the rain droplets impacting the car subsided which then offered a quick dash out to get this shot.
- Gear: Canon 450xsi (IR Converted), 24-105mm f4 L IS, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 85 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!