Gathering Storm Clouds Over Death Valley
- Title: Gathering Storm Clouds Over Death Valley
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Near Death Valley Ranch
- Nearest Town: Beatty, Nevada
- Brief Directions: Death Valley National Park is in California on the eastern side of the Sierras, about 150 miles north of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Notes: Because of the intense heat that can develop in Death Valley the best times to visit is from October through March.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Death Valley receives little rainfall each year. It is rare to see storm clouds form, and even rarer to actually have rain fall from them. When rain does fall it often evaporates before it reaches the ground. These clouds produced no rain.
- Gear: Nikon D200 with Nikon 18-200 mm Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 210 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!