Mono Lake - Skies Ablaze
Sylvia J. Zarco
- Title: Mono Lake - Skies Ablaze
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake Tufa State Natural Reserve
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining, CA
- Brief Directions: From 395 take 120 (Mono Lake Basin Road) east to the turnoff for the South Tufa Area
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: With thick clouds overhead and stiff winds blowing, we headed to Mono Lake to explore its unusual tufa formations. But our view quickly moved skyward as the wind whipped ceiling of clouds suddenly lifted as the sun dipped below the horizon, unleashing a blaze of the most indescribably glorious light... beyond anything I could ever have imagined or hope to see again.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II with Canon EF16-35 f/2.8L II USM lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 107 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!