Pismo Light Rings
- Title: Pismo Light Rings
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: California Central Coast
- Nearest Town: Pismo Beach, CA
- Brief Directions: Light Halos and star-burst effect from the lights of the Pismo Beach pier.
- Notes: f/20, 1/15sec, 1/16/2011, 9:50 pm.
- GPS Longitude: 120
- GPS Latitude: 35
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Blind Dumb Luck. I'm a total amateur. I was experimenting, trying to get the "star burst" effect on the lights on the pier. It also happened to be a very damp night, lots of moisture in the air. So, I somehow got the bonus of the light halos. I have no idea how I could predictably duplicate this effect. Photo was taken from the 3rd floor balcony at the Sandcastle Inn, Pismo Beach.
- Gear: Canon 5D-Mark II, Canon EF 24 - 105 Lens, Gitzo tripod, ReallyRightStuff Ball-head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 148 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!