James At North Jenner Beach
- Title: James At North Jenner Beach
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sonoma Beaches State Park
- Nearest Town: Jenner
- Brief Directions: Take California State Highway 1 North from San Francisco along the California coast. Just north of Jenner, as the highway swings high above the coast, there are pull outs on the coastal side of the road and undeveloped paths down to the very large uncrowded beach.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Thanksgiving Day, 2009, I took my boys to North Jenner Beach for a Thanksgiving picnic and bonfire on the beach. James, at the age of 14 had already won several Best of Shows and sold a number of photos. I saw him sitting on a log, holding his first camera, a rebuilt Canon 20D we had gone together on to purchase for him, and the picture just begged to be taken. Today he shoots with a Canon 7D, has sold many more photos, and won many more Best of Show awards. He keeps reminding me that he will turn 18 soon and be competing with me in the professional division.... It is a thrill to see him mature and develop as a wonderful young man and as a photographer.
- Gear: Canon
This Photo Has Been Viewed 89 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!