Badwater Basin, Death Valley
- Title: Badwater Basin, Death Valley
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Furnace Creek
- Nearest Town: Pahrump, Nevada
- Notes: 1/30 sec at f/8
1 1/3 EV
Split ND Grad .9
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Badwater is a basin in California's Death Valley, noted as the lowest point in North America, with an elevation of 282 feet (86 m) below sea level. Repeated freeze-thaw and evaporation cycles gradually pushed the thin salt crust into curiously hexagonal honeycomb shape.
- Gear: Canon EOS 20D, EF17-40mm f/4L USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 213 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!