- Title: Changing Seasons
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Joaquin Valley
- Nearest Town: Grapevine
- Brief Directions: Highway 5 North of Los Angeles goes over the Tejon Pass after about an hour drive. Sometimes they close the road in a storm, but be patient. Getting Oak Trees covered with snow is great photography fun, then when the road re-opens get down the grapevine to see the hills partially covered with snow.
- Notes: Kalidascope conditions can exist where every way one looks is a shot. Don't be fooled, consentrate on what makes the scene special and look for what amplifies the effect.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Driving on highway 5 into the San Joaquin Valley is a large drop from the Tehachapi Mountains. Storms in the early spring challenge the greening hills as they drop snow that will not last more than a day. The old oak trees provide great contrast at a detailed level while the grand scale belongs to the clouds and green hills.
- Gear: Olympus E510 on Silk Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1377 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!