Breaking Storm Over The Ansel Adams Wilderness
- Title: Breaking Storm Over The Ansel Adams Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bristle Cone Pine Tree Preserve
- Nearest Town: Bishop, California
- Brief Directions: Take the highway 168 road out of Big Pine into the White Mountains, in about 30 minutes there is a left turnoff into the Bristlecone Tree Monument area. Drive up to where the vistors center is located and take the road that leads out to Shulman Grove and enjoy the scenery.
- Notes: Watch out for slippery shale on the White Mountain sides.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Shot from the West facing side of the White mountains at 11,000 feet. A storm moves into Owens Valley below, dropping rain on Bishop. Amzaing light from the sunset over the Minarets shots out rays, one of which hits the falling rain.
- Gear: Sony a900, 24-70mm Ziess Lens, Manfrotto tripod/head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 534 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!