Inspiration Point, Anacapa Island, Channel Islands National Park
- Title: Inspiration Point, Anacapa Island, Channel Islands National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Santa Barbara
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Channel Islands National Park is a special place for me. Not photographed a fraction of the amount of Yosemite, it is a significant place within California for both historic and environmental reasons. The oldest human remains ever found in North America, dated over 13,000 years old, were found on the Channel Island of Santa Rosa. The book "Island of the Blue Dolphins" was based on a true story of a native American woman who lived on the Channel Island of San Nicholas. Many of the islands are reserved as bird sanctuaries and are important as nesting grounds for Pelicans and Cormorants.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK II, 16-35mm f/2.8 L lens, Singh-Ray Polarizor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 127 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!