North Lake Fall Colors
- Title: North Lake Fall Colors
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Nearest Town: Bishop, CA
- Brief Directions: From Bishop, CA, take highway 168 west straight to North Lake.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photo was taken the first week of October 2012. This was the first time I had photographed any of the fall color locations in the Eastern Sierra Nevada range. North Lake, just 16 miles west of Bishop, CA, is at 9,800 feet. The shot was taken with my new Sony RX100, 20.2 MP. The colors were 100% on this day and I was lucky to get a bonus with the moon looking down on us. My wife and I experienced an unbelievable scene we'll never forget.
- Gear: Sony RX100 with Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 197 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!