- Title: Natural Curves
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alpine county
- Nearest Town: Lake Tahoe
- Brief Directions: Hwy 88/89 area. Near Sorenson's resort.
- Notes: Used a fill flash to compensate for shooting directly into the morning sun and to light up the main subject and show its detail.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Along hwy 88 in Alpine county is a grove of aspens that stop people in their tracks and everyone pulls over and shoots this spot. It is a lovely spot. But it is even more lovely when you leave the crowd and walk deep into the woods where others just don't go. That is where all the curved trees, and thick new growth surround you in a golden glow. I spent a couple of hours in this little grove. I had it all to myself and I wasn't but a couple 100 ft from the crowd.
- Gear: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi, sigma gold 10-20mm, flash, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 82 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!