Garrapata State Park, Big Sur, Monterey County
- Title: Garrapata State Park, Big Sur, Monterey County
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: California Highway 1
- Nearest Town: Carmel
- Brief Directions: 10 Miles south of Carmel on Highway 1
- Notes: Garrapata State Park is on the north end of Big Sur and has some of its most dramatic rock formations and best tidepools. There are also varied and intense wildflower displays that go on for the better part of the spring and summer on Soberanes Point. Panoramic views can be had with strenuous climbs to 1500 foot elevations, and as a bonus, some of the best whale-watching spots are here as well. In short, a great microcosm of Big Sur in one fabulous location.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Layers
This Photo Has Been Viewed 286 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!