- Title: Chasing Rainbows
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Amador County
- Nearest Town: Jackson, CA
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I walked out of the bank on Main St. in my little town of Jackson, CA and saw the church steeple lit up by the sun during a fantastic storm. That beam of light was connected to the most vivid double rainbow I had ever seen. If you look closely in this pano of main st. Jackson, you can see two steeples in the back ground where the light is glowing. that is where I was and after shooting some great shots there I drove about a mile to get to a hill above Jackson, to shoot this shot. The rainbow had faded a little but it was still amazing to see. I could not believe the rainbow lasted as long as it did. a good 15 minutes if not longer. Long enough to chase it a mile. I never go anywhere without my camera gear. This is why. I was just going to the bank.
- Gear: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi, sigma gold 10-20mm, gitzo carbon fiber tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 128 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!