Nature's Lights -Phosphorescent Algae
- Title: Nature's Lights -Phosphorescent Algae
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rodeo Beach
- Nearest Town: Sausalito
- Brief Directions: Walk along the Coastal Trail from Rodeo Beach
- GPS Longitude: 122.541268
- GPS Latitude: 37.831599
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was exposing for stars 180 degrees from this picture. While I was exposing, I noticed a shimmering light out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought I was seeing things. The water around the rocks was swirling blue green light. I realized this was phosphorescent algae. I turned from my star shots to take this picture of the algae moving with the ebb and flow of the waves. The Milky Way makes a faint appearance in the upper right through the fog and light pollution.
- Gear: 5DMII, Really Right Stuff Tripod, Cannon Intervalometer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 300 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!