"danger", Thin Ice
- Title: "danger", Thin Ice
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lassen National Park
- Nearest Town: Shingletown
- Brief Directions: From Redding, Ca. located on I-5 drive east on Hwy 44 for 43 miles to enter Lassen Volcanic National Park. Drive 2 miles to the park entry gate, Lake Manzanita is on the right.
- Notes: photo notes:
A tricky backlit snow shot taken in mid-afternoon.
This photo isn't indicative of my favorite place but know there was a graphic winter safety lesson.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: During a winter visit at Lake Manzanita, I came across this cautionary sign of "Thin Ice". Nevertheless two sets of tracks mark their trail which is towards the center of lake. Fortunately there were no reports of missing hikers.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 12-14mm, Bogen Tripod & Manfrotto 405 Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 85 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!