Flight Of The Godwit
- Title: Flight Of The Godwit
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary
- Nearest Town: Eureka
- Brief Directions: The sanctuary is located north of Eureka, California approximately 1 mile off of the Pacific Coast Highway at Arcata.
- Notes: Photoshop Elements was used only to auto adjust contrast, light, color. No special effects or layering of images were used.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Bar-tailed Godwit is rarely seen in the lower 48 states. This flock caught my attention resting on a narrow grassy spit. The flock would, for reasons not apparent to me, take-off circle around and land back where they start from every five to ten minutes. I was told by a biologist on site that it was common behavior for the Godwit.
- Gear: Nikon D70 with 500 mm Sigma lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!