- Title: White Captain
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite
- Brief Directions: Tunnel View, Yosemite National Park
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: A big snow storm had just hit the eastern Sierra mountains and I knew that meant that Yosemite National Park would be blanketed in white. I rented a 4x4 and drove into Yosemite just as the storm started to clear. Although I scouted a number of locations, Ansel Adams knew best when he picked Tunnel View to frame his classic shot. With the snowy trees in the foreground, snow covered rocks in the background, a line of light on El Capitan and some fog creeping in, I was in store for quite the sunset!
- Gear: Nikon D800 w/Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 110 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!