Falls In Fall
- Title: Falls In Fall
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Joaquin Valley
- Nearest Town: Kernville
- Brief Directions: From hwy 99 near Bakersfield California take hwy 178 into the Sierra mountains for about 2 1/2 hrs past the town of Kernville. A small sign "Salmon Creek Falls" tells you where to start heading up, good luck from there.
- Notes: The falls are not very easy to find or get to but well worth the rock hopping and ledge walking it takes to get there. Late summer through fall is the only time to go as the winter makes the hike very treacharous with icy rocks and long drops and the spring runoff turns the quiet creek into a dangerous torent and getteng close is risky.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Salmon Creek is a small tributary of the Kern River. It is a 70 ft. fall with amazing limestone walls surrounding it.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-55 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 211 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!