Fields Of Fire
- Title: Fields Of Fire
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Joaquin Valley
- Nearest Town: Maricopa
- Brief Directions: Located about 9 miles west of hwy 99 on hwy 166 near Baakersfield California.
- Notes: This area was burned in a wildfire just 4 months prior and the Poppies loved it! I was able to capture the flowers and the menacing folds of the Maricopa badlands below. It was quite a scene!
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Wind Wolves Preserve is a truly spectacular place. At 96,000 acres it is the largest privately owned wildlife preserve on the west coast. Grasslands, rolling oak savanah, and high rocky peaks with deep valleys and canyons make this a rare jewel in this area. The preserve is open to anyone and all are incouraged to come and enjoy the land and the wildlife.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-55 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 274 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!