- Title: Napping Giants
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Muir Woods National Monument
- Nearest Town: San Francisco
- Notes: California Redwoods can grow up to 370 feet high and be as ancient as 3,000 years old. Standing amongst these majestic trees offers one a very spiritual experience. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more tranquil environment than on the floor of the world's tallest trees.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Late afternoon light breaks though the heart of the majestic Muir Woods Redwood forest. This scene was so quiet that even the click of my shutter felt like I was disturbing the peace.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!