Minus Tide-Walton Lighthouse
- Title: Minus Tide-Walton Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monterey Bay
- Nearest Town: Santa Cruz
- Brief Directions: Santa Cruz is 70 miles south of San Francisco and 35 miles north of Monterey, California. It's one of three harbors on the Monterey Bay. Santa Cruz is also a surfing mecca--home to Steamer Lane and Pleasure Point, two of the best surfing destinations in North America. Both of these spots are within a mile from where this shot was taken.
- Notes: Handheld at 1/60th second at f/8.0. ISO 100
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a rare perspective of Walton Lighthouse from inside the harbor channel, made possible by a minus tide and tons of sand deposited by winter storms in the Pacific. These storms brought little precipitation to Californa, but lots of surge, swell, and surf.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 16-35mm at 16mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 729 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!